Re: Schema.org v1.6 release candidate: Roles, various fixes, site navigation improvements

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 10:27:14 +0100
To: Aaron Bradley <aaranged@gmail.com>, Sam Goto <goto@google.com>, Jason Douglas <jasondouglas@google.com>
Cc: W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>
+Sam, Jason

On 10 June 2014 00:04, Aaron Bradley <aaranged@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great!  Please note the content of:
> http://sdopending.appspot.com/asset

Ah, thanks. The property 'asset' didn't exist, except it is mentioned
in http://sdopending.appspot.com/distance

(aside: the reason that link doesn't have a normal 404 page is because
'asset' is now minimally mentioned in the RDFS configuration file
where 'distance' is defined; I'll add QA tests to catch this kind of
thing - i.e. terms that have no rdfs:comment, or multiple
rdfs:comments)

distance travelled.</span>
      <link property="rdfs:subPropertyOf" href="http://schema.org/asset" />
    ...etc

http://schema.org/distance "A sub property of asset. The distance travelled."

Sam, Jason - looks like there was expected to be an 'asset' property
on Action, at some point. I find it hard to see how the notion of
asset applies naturally to a 'distance' on an exercise or travel
action.

I suggest:

1. We drop the phrase "A sub property of asset." from
http://schema.org/distance.
2. I delete the assertion that 'distance' has a superproperty 'asset'.

How does that sound?

Dan