schema.org update, v1.8: added WebSite type; broadened isPartOf to relate CreativeWorks

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:43:43 +0100
To: W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>
previous update (1.7),
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2014Jul/0012.html

A small schema.org update just went live:

1. We add a new CreativeWork type, "WebSite"

http://schema.org/WebSite

"A WebSite is a set of related web pages and other items typically
served from a single web domain and accessible via URLs."

The example shows the use of this with SearchAction.

2. We adopt the proposal made by the bibextend group and other
collaborators, to broaden isPartOf. It now relates any CreativeWork to
any other CreativeWork

http://schema.org/isPartOf

see also https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/Periodicals,_Articles_and_Multi-volume_Works

3. Potential Actions documentation

The previously PDF-only Potential Actions document is now on the site in HTML:

http://schema.org/docs/actions.html

4. Adopted some markup fixes from Stephane Corlosquet (thanks!)

https://github.com/rvguha/schemaorg/pull/71

5. Improved consistency of encoding / associatedMedia description
(thanks Dan Scott!)

https://github.com/rvguha/schemaorg/pull/35

6. Updated some out-of-date sections of the FAQ: it now mentions
Yandex appropriately, acknowledges that there's life beyond Microdata
(i.e. RDFa, JSON-LD), and doesn't talk about "version 0.9 draft" any
more.

 https://github.com/rvguha/schemaorg/pull/69

Thanks all :)

Dan