Re: Draft schema for QA sites

On 29 January 2014 19:04, Guha <guha@google.com> wrote:
> We are close enough to covering FAQs that I would like us to.
>
> What are we missing?

I think the main thing we do is not exclude them. Classic
Internet-style FAQs still exist, even if the trend is towards more
social QA sites where answers are attributed, more dynamic etc.

So -
Question is currently defined as "A detailed question that a user is
seeking an answer from a community of experts." (test site
http://sdo-wip1.appspot.com/Question)

How about "A detailed question, for example one specifically being
asked in a community site, or noted as a Frequently Asked Question
(FAQ)"

For Answer we have "An answer to a question." which is fine.

Most of the others in
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webschema/file/7befd20efb66/schema.org/ext/QA.html
that assume QA community sites could simply be omitted for an FAQ
document.

For those who want to poke around the FAQ universe a bit more, see
nearby FAQ utilities: faq-o-matic,
http://faqomatic.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/1.html
makefaq, http://www.lodestar2.com/software/makefaq/
phpmyfaq, http://www.phpmyfaq.de/