Re: Finalizing Reservation schemas for schema.org

From: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 13:07:59 -0800
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
It looks to me like the /trainReservation properties could also be
useful in a non-reservation situation, such as a general train schedule:

arrivalPlatform 	Text 	The platform where the train arrives.
arrivalStation 	TrainStation 	The station where the train trip ends.
arrivalTime 	DateTime 	The expected arrival time.
departurePlatform 	Text 	The platform from which the train departs.
departureStation 	TrainStation 	The station from which the train departs.
departureTime 	DateTime 	The expected departure time.
trainCompany 	Organization 	The organization that operates the train
(e.g. Deutsche Bahn (DB)).
trainName 	Text 	The name of the train (e.g. The Orient Express).
trainNumber 	Text 	The unique identifier for the train.

None of these are specific to reservations, AFAIK. Could this be
generalized to be something on the order of "train schedule
information"? If so, how would trainReservation then be structured?

kc

--
Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net