Re: Sports Roles (and roles in general)

On 02/13/2014 01:20 PM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
> [...] IMO schema.org has an implicit entailment rule that if a literal is provided as the value of a predicate having on object range, it's a stand in for an anonymous object with a schema:name of that literal. For example:
>
> <> schema:role "Coach" . implies <> schema:role [schema:name "Coach"] .
>
> The last one could also work if schema:Coach is an instance of RoleType with the name "Coach".
>
> It looks like we may be converging!
>
> Gregg

It would be very nice to get some buy-in for this handling of strings where
objects are expected.  I proposed a variation of this before.

I'm not particularly keen on using name as the generated role, partly because
some objects don't have names, but it sure is better than the current
unspecified behaviour.

peter

PS:  It's not really an entailment rule, but instead a special treatment of a
particular construct.