Re: property/class ambiguity in languages with no letter case

I mainly wanted to say that the only relevant dimension of naming elements in a Web ontology is how well it supports human users to chose the best element for a given piece of data. That is not necessarily the most "correct" one (a catchy layman's word may outperform the proper academic term), and it is always an approximation, so there is no absolute right or wrong. What we can learn from programming languages is that validators and feedback help manifest a shared understanding and consistent use of keywords, because if you use the wrong keyword, your program will not work as intended or fail to execute at all.

With Web vocabularies, the feedback loop is much worse - it is very difficult and slow to test whether your target audience (e.g. search engines) understand your data as you intended.

Martin