RE: Schema.org Sports Vocabulary Proposal

On behalf of the collaborators, thank you :)

> Most leagues for e.g. Soccer in Europe have multiple levels, and system of
> elevation and relegation. For example Getafe Football Club is playing in the
> first tier of the Spanish football league (since 2003 - it started somewhere
> further down). As far as I can tell there are about 456 divisions, most of which
> have 11 subdivisions*. In most leagues I know the top and bottom few teams
> move up or down (unless they are in the first or last division)
>
> This also applies to cricket, and while changes were over a much longer
> timescale australian football.

Are you speaking to the need for sub-classes of SportsOrganization?  If so, see my reply to Gregg's earlier thread on 'Division', 'League', etc. and let's use that thread for continuing to discuss the topic.

> The SportsStatistics don't match cricket very well - the "score for and score
> against" are expressed in forms like
>
> 281/3d & 420 vs 199 & 400/4 (which is a draw) and the margin is either a
> number of runs or a number of wickets (won by 7 wickets or 455 runs, or by
> an innings and 44 runs. Lost by X runs)
>
> A tie in cricket is not the same as a draw. A tie is very rare in the "ultimate"
> level of international test cricket - the famous tied test of
> 1960-1 series was repeated once, in the other famous tied test of 2005.
> Whereas a huge proportion of tests end in a draw. But this might be an
> anomaly rare enough that it doesn't matter.

Not super familiar with Cricket.  Can you propose an alternative set of properties that still meet the principal of ensuring that top level sports statistic properties apply broadly across multiple sports?