Re: [Proposal]: New schema for Invoices

From: Vicki Tardif Holland <vtardif@google.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 11:47:17 -0500
To: Tom Marsh <tmarsh@exchange.microsoft.com>
Cc: Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@unibw.de>, W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 1:02 PM, Tom Marsh <tmarsh@exchange.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> What is the difference between Order and Invoice? With the use of
> orderStatus == OrderPaymentDue (or lack thereof for paid invoices/orders),
> it looks like I can specify the same things that I can with Invoice. How
> would a publisher know when to use one vs. the other?

The Invoice type is intended for cases where there is no original purchase
from the entity owed money. For example, credit card or utility bills do
not have a single purchase associated with the debt. I am fine with rolling
this type into the existing Order, but it should be simple to say "this is
a water bill for December" or "American Express is billing me for November".

After the new year, I will send along some examples.

>  BTW, you have a typo on the label of some of the ranges (e.g., for
> totalPaymentDue), which are labeled as “Domain: “ instead of “Range: “

Thanks for the heads up. I'll clean these up.

- Vicki

Vicki Tardif Holland | Ontologist | vtardif@google.com