Re: Property Names, was Re: Automotive, EXIF, Property-Values

On 12/19/2014 11:16, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> Anyway, how about, this little tweak:
>
> @prefix spin <http://spinrdf.org/spin#> .
>
> <#property>
> rdfs:label "Property";
> rdfs:comment "An Attribute of a Class, where each Attribute is a
> Name=Value pairing.";
> rdfs:subPropertyOf spin:constraint .
>
> schema:MedicalEntity
>     a rdfs:Class ;
>     rdfs:subClassOf schema:Thing ;
>     <#property> [
>                            <#predicate> schema:code ;
>                            <#valueType> schema:MedicalCode ;
>                            rdfs:label "code" ;
>                            rdfs:comment "A medical code for the
> entity, taken from a controlled vocabulary or ontology
>                                              such as ICD-9,
> DiseasesDB, MeSH, SNOMED-CT, RxNorm, etc."
>     ] .

Yes this is technically possible, yet to be considered as input for a
W3C standard, the proposed vocabulary would be its own language and not
"just" an extension to SPIN. (For a complete SPIN mapping, the values of
:property would also require an rdf:type, which here is "inferred" to be
:PropertyConstraint). I will publish the full write-up of what I propose
in January once the W3C shapes group has made progress with the
requirements phase [1].

Holger

[1] https://www.w3.org/2014/data-shapes/wiki/Requirements