Re: [Proposal]: New schema for Invoices

Hi Vicki:

Thanks - such an entity was indeed missing. A few questions:

1. With invoice, do you mean a) a receipt of payment b) a document representing a payment request or c) the union of both. In other words, how is an invoice related to (1) an actual payment, (2) a legal obligation to pay a certain amount, and (3) an underlying transfer of rights that causes the obligation to pay a compensation?

2. How is an invoice linked to a) http://schema.org/Offer and b) the subtypes of http://schema.org/TradeAction, like
- http://schema.org/BuyAction
- http://schema.org/PayAction
- http://schema.org/RentAction
- http://schema.org/SellAction
- http://schema.org/TipAction

I can imagine invoices without either one, e.g. invoices without offer nor transaction for prepayments or advances.

But if the entities exist, they should be linkable.

3. I think we should have a method for including a list of items in the invoice. One could define a new property "itemsIncluded" with an ItemList that links to entities of the type of http://schema.org/TypeAndQuantityNode.

4. Currently, the support for modeling tax information in price information in schema.org and GoodRelations is pretty simple; we may want to expand this part and add it to Invoice, too, because e.g. the ability to expose VAT rates and absolute values may be very relevant for European users.

5. Also, we currently have no model for staged payments and financing in GoodRelations and schema.org; this will also touch Invoice (image a car invoice with a single down payment and four installments with individual due dates).

Martin

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen