Re: Book review site microdata

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 07:28:53 -0400
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
On 4/17/14 5:21 AM, B.M. Allen wrote:
> http://reviews..metaphorosis.com <http://reviews.metaphorosis.com>
>
> I have a book review blog, with one book review per blog post. I've
> structured the posts to include review and book microdata, according
> to Schema format and examples. The microdata works fine with Google's
> testing tool. Results of actual Google searches, however, don't show
> rich snippets.
>
> I'd appreciate any advice on what I'm doing wrong.

I believe you problem might boil down to not using Schema.org terms in
your Microdata based representation of book reviews [1].

If you take your Microdata (verbatim) and paste into the input fields
presented by the Google Web Master tools, you should the problem i.e., I
won't be able to make sense of your data. Change the names spaces of
URIs for your terms, and then repeat, it will make sense of your data.

Hope that helps.

Links:

[1]
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http/reviews.metaphorosis.com/2014/04/touchstone-melanie-rawn.html%01reviewRating
-- shows (via hyperlink that anchors text in "About:") that you have
<http://reviews.metaphorosis.com/2014/04/touchstone-melanie-rawn.html#reviewRating>
where (if you want Google to comprehend) it should be
<http://schema.org/Review> .

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen