Re: When to use UserComments rather than Comment class?

From: Jocelyn Fournier <jocelyn.fournier@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 12:27:07 +0200
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Le 17/03/2014 12:33, Dan Brickley a écrit :
> On 17 March 2014 11:28, George Gooding <george@nettsentrisk.no> wrote:
>> I tried to get peoples' attention about this issue quite a while ago:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2013Jan/0113.html
>>
>> This part of schema.org is still broken. There is no valid way of marking up
>> comments to a blog post or article as of right now.
>
> The draft of our next release that I circulated last week
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2014Mar/0036.html
> addresses this as part of the changes to introduce a Question/Answer
> schema: See http://sdopending.appspot.com/comment ... so please just
> assume a 'comment' property can point to Comment now. These changes
> should be live in a matter of days.
>
> We are also working on improvements to the site that will make it
> clearer which old vocabulary is deprecated.
>
> Dan

Hi,

Regarding deprecation and the meaning of UserComments (which is the
event of creating the comment if I understand well), according to
https://www.w3.org/2011/webschema/track/issues/32 & Dan comment on
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2013Nov/0196.html , we
should finally use the newer http://schema.org/CommentAction type instead ?

Thanks,