Re: Proposal: make http://schema.org/Offer more friendly for non-commercial usage

From: Renato Iannella <ri@semanticidentity.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 23:14:10 +1000
To: "public-vocabs@w3.org Force" <public-vocabs@w3.org>

Thanks for that Dan...some feedback...

"schema.org/Offer" include "rights", "service" and is probably missing "product"....but I wonder if it is better to define Offer more on the process rather than the list of things that can be offered. We seem to use the generic "item" for anything...so perhaps a cleaner definition could be: "To present an item for consideration".

BTW, it would be good if schema.org allowed definitions to standalone, and not force the "for example" text into the definitions (not good 11179 ;-) and added a notes metadata attribute...

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
http://semanticidentity.com