Re: Proposal: make http://schema.org/Offer more friendly for non-commercial usage

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 04:19:20PM -0500, Thad Guidry wrote:
> +1 you have my positive response...

Thanks!

> I still would like to see the term "intangible" thrown into the Product
> definition however.
>
> """
> Any offered product or service--(tangible or intangible) for example: a
> pair of shoes; a concert
> ticket; a rental car; a haircut; or an episode of a TV show streamed
> online.
> """

I understand with your sentiment, and tried a few variations on working
"intangible" into the definition, but found that it complicated the
sentence structure and weakened the primary focus on "product or
service". I also worried that it would introduce potential confusion
with http://schema.org/Intangible.

Therefore, I have updated
http://www.w3.org/community/schemabibex/wiki/Broaden_Offer_usage by
adding a proposed new definition for http://schema.org/Product as
follows:

"""
Any offered product or service. For example: a pair of shoes; a concert
ticket; the rental of a car; a haircut; or an episode of a TV show
streamed online.
"""

By making the definition a clear, short statement that leads with "Any",
and following the definition with a list of examples that includes a
majority of intangibles, I believe that the reader will understand that
"any" really does include intangibles.

Dan

P.S. My obsessiveness with word-smithing stems from a prior life as a
technical writer. My apologies for subjecting the list to said
obsession...