Re: SKOS for schema.org proposal for discussion

From: Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 18:22:34 +0200
Cc: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>, jean delahousse <delahousse.jean@gmail.com>, Guha <guha@google.com>, Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>, Aaron Bradley <aaranged@gmail.com>, Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>, PublicVocabs <public-vocabs@w3.org>
To: Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>
> Thanks Dan. I guess I'm failing to imagine a scenario where someone
> who was describing a job posting would want to describe an
> occupational category inline and relate it to other occupational
> categories (broader, narrower, etc), or make other skos like

To apply my example to the Job Market:

If a job search site has a proprietary taxonomy, they could and would want to expose this taxonomy, plus textual definitions, translations, hierarchy, relatedness and classify their actual job offers to their categories.

Martin

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen