Re: Datatype in schema.org

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 13:28:08 +0100
To: Marc Twagirumukiza <marc.twagirumukiza@agfa.com>
Cc: W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On 1 October 2013 09:47, Marc Twagirumukiza <marc.twagirumukiza@agfa.com> wrote:
> Hello there,
> I have another point to discuss here. Does anyone help me to understand if
> the specialization 'URL'of the Datatype 'Text'can be also a URI? Or it's
> just http URL with quotes?

I'd suggest you see it as meaning roughly "URI/IRI with a bias towards
de-referencability". Calling everything "URL" is what the WHATWG HTML5
folk try in http://url.spec.whatwg.org/ ... "Standardize on the term
URL. URI and IRI are just confusing. In practice a single algorithm is
used for both so keeping them distinct is not helping anyone.".

Dan