From:   Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
To:     Marc Twagirumukiza/AXPZC/AGFA@AGFA
Cc:     W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>
Date:   01/10/2013 14:28
Subject:        Re: Datatype in schema.org

On 1 October 2013 09:47, Marc Twagirumukiza <marc.twagirumukiza@agfa.com>
wrote:
> Hello there,
> I have another point to discuss here. Does anyone help me to understand
if
> the specialization 'URL'of the Datatype 'Text'can be also a URI? Or it's
> just http URL with quotes?

I'd suggest you see it as meaning roughly "URI/IRI with a bias towards
de-referencability". Calling everything "URL" is what the WHATWG HTML5
folk try in http://url.spec.whatwg.org/ ... "Standardize on the term
URL. URI and IRI are just confusing. In practice a single algorithm is
used for both so keeping them distinct is not helping anyone.".

Dan