Re: Proposal: Promote 'citation' property up to CreativeWork

Maori,

Thank you for such a complete analysis of this.

On 5/22/13 8:16 PM, Maori Ito wrote:
> Karen, Mizuki (Morita) and all,
>
> Thank you for your mail and I'm sorry for late reply.
>
> I really struggled which choice is better to mark up.
> I'd like to discuss:
>
> 1.Strongly recommend using ID.

I agree that IDs should be used where available. IDs exist only for some
articles and books, however. Article IDs have been in use only for a
short while, and are more common in the sciences than in other fields.
Can you do an example where there is no ID?

> 2.Difference between 'citation' and 'reference'
 > 3.Take advantage of itemid

I think we need to look at some other citation styles. The example you
show at kanzaki.com uses this style:

   [Sereno 1991]

and that links to the full citation.

Some document styles use a superscript number, and that can link to a
partial citation:

 7. Ibid., 39 - 43.

This style will be harder to present in microdata. But we should try to
code some different citation styles before making decisions here.

Here are some links to different styles:

http://library.williams.edu/citing/styles/chicago1.php
http://bcs.bedfordstmartins.com/resdoc5e/RES5e_ch09_o.html
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/books/turabian/turabian_citationguide.html
http://wiki.lexisnexis.com/academic/index.php?title=Legal_Citation_Formats