Re: Offer in check-out?

From: Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 11:38:36 +0100
Cc: Web Schemas TF <public-vocabs@w3.org>
To: Gunnar Bittersmann <gunnar@bittersmann.de>
In short: GoodRelations and schema.org aim at supporting the *discovery* stage of purchases, i.e. finding potential suppliers for a need. The transaction stage is not addressed, at least at the moment.

If the check-out page is a dynamically generated resource that e.g. shows the shopping cart in a particular session, I would leave out schema.org/Offer there, because that is not the resource describing the offer but that supporting the transaction.

On Mar 4, 2013, at 11:17 AM, Gunnar Bittersmann wrote:

> Hi all,
> Iíve tagged the price on the product pages inside schema.org/Offer, so far so good.
>
> But on the check-out page, would schema.org/Offer still be appropriate?
>
> Gunnar

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen