Re: Vehicles, and customizable products

Hi Martin, and all

Le 26 juil. 2013 à 10:04, Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org> a écrit :

> Hi all,
> for the automotive segment, I strongly recommend integrating
>
> 	http://www.heppnetz.de/ontologies/vso/ns
>
> into schema.org.
>
> It is a GoodRelations extension for all kinds of vehicles and will thus nicely fit to the already existing GoodRelations elements in schema.org.
>
> Exposing configuration information can basically be done in two ways:
>
> 1. Exposing the *rules* for compatibility of components; that is what Volkswagen does with their COO ontology,
>
>    http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/vocabularies/coo/ns.html
>
> 2. Exposing (a subset of) actually buildable cars or partly configured cars; this is what can be done with basic schema.org/GoodRelations/VSO elements, plus maybe the conceptual modeling work done at Renault.
>
> For Web markup, I recommend the second route, but it will not require more than just translating the VSO ontology into a schema.org extension proposal, and I will tackle that as soon as my resources permit.

I am curious to know how you would do that. VSO recommends to make statements such as:
foo:myCar vso:fuelType dbpedia:Diesel.

How can you adapt that to handle configurations? For configurations, you have to be able to state, for instance, that the fuelType may be diesel or gasoline, but not electric. I don't see how you can do that using the vso:fuelType property

Best,

fps