Re: webschema-ISSUE-23 (danbri): No Organization subtype for Non-Profit

From: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 06:14:45 -0700
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
I agree that NGO \= non-profit, but non-profit also \= charitable
organization. Depending on the country, NGO's and non-profits are
divided differently. This Wikipedia article gives an idea of the
enormity of this category:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-governmental_organization

(I had no idea that BINGO, TANGO, BONGO and DONGO, etc., existed!)

One could create a few high level divisions and use productOntology for
details if needed, although many types here do not (yet) have Wikipedia
pages of their own.

kc

--
Karen Coyle