Person Type & Affiliated Account for Web Service

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 14:24:11 -0800
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
I've been perusing the Person [1] type looking for how to encode a
person's set of alias/accounts on particular web services (e.g.
twitter, linkedin, etc.) and I don't see a good property to use for
such affiliated services.  Did I miss something?

What I would prefer is a new type for a web service for that identifies:

   * the alias/username
   * the service type (probably by URI)

I could imagine a simple Type of WebService that extends Thing (or
possibly Intangible).

Then the name, url, etc. properties can be used to describe the
service.  I would add an 'alias' or 'username' property (I prefer
'alias') to represent the user's account on the service.

Finally, I would add a 'webService' property to Person of type 'WebService'.

[1] http://www.schema.org/Person

--
--Alex Milowski
considered."