Re: For review: Schema.org/Discussion

Happy New Year everyone!

Charlie, all ­ Išve been thinking a little bit more about this (six months
later!) and I think it would be good to follow the model used by blogs in
schema.org, (Blog and BlogPosting) but tailor this towards forums by having
the thread or discussion linking the forum to the forum post.

Forums are a little bit different because in threads, posts have more equal
importance (whether they are starter or reply posts) whereas in blogs the
original blog post is the important bit.

Herešs one idea.

Class Forum (similar to Blog, subtype of CreativeWork)
  Property thread -> Thread

Class Thread (or Discussion as proposed by Charlie)
  Property post -> Post

Class Post (or ForumPost)
  Need to figure out how to type some of these as Questions / Answers /
BestAnswers
  I think you were looking for this too Charlie; we have this in SIOC Types

This is similar to the structure of most forums and also allows for easy
markup of Posts within Thread pages and Threads within Forum listings.

Wešve started putting together a document showing terms from SIOC and
relationships to existing schema.org terms ­ see
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xZpSXXI-3TH7A2eTSyoy-F6xw-VBz25SmFdVtcSM
LcU/edit#

Best regards,

John.