Marking up quotes that relate to known Freebase topics/people

From: Quotations Book <quotationsbook@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 20:59:43 -0300
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Hi everyone,

I run a quotations site called http://quotationsbook.com and this might appear a newbie question, for which I apologise.

I have previously requested a "quotation" a unique schema.org (http://schema.org) type which appears to be pending:
http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/QuotationSchema

Unrelated to this, I have now disambiguated and know freebase unique entity ID's for the following two object-types on my site (painstaking!):
Each author e.g. "Mark Twain". URL on my site: http://quotationsbook.com/quotes/author/7349/ with Freebase ID: http://www.freebase.com/m/014635
Each topic e.g. "Hope". URL on my site: http://quotationsbook.com/quotes/tag/hope/ / with Freebase ID: http://www.freebase.com/m/0d846

In fact, quotationsbook.com first generated that “Hope” topic and linked it as a “quotation subject”.

In both cases, the problem I have is referencing the author and topic properly:

- Firstly with the right schema.org (http://schema.org) markup for both author and topic (please send examples)
- Secondly, how do I link the author and the topic to Freebase i.e. declare this page has quotes about the entity Mark Twain

How do I achieve this markup, while also referencing existing Freebase entries which I know?

Is it better to make top-level references to Freebase or to Wikipedia in the long-term?

thanks
Amit
Founder, quotationsbook.com