Re: Why are classes and URIs case sensitivity?

From: Jarno van Driel <jarno@quantumspork.nl>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 18:48:01 +0100
To: Dan Scott <dan@coffeecode.net>
Cc: kcoyle@kcoyle.net, SchemaDot Org <public-vocabs@w3.org>
Examples like Dan Scott gave (review/Review is another) is exactly what
started up my discussion with Aaron Bradley. Even though it's not difficult
to implement it is prone to typo's, which has happened to myself as well
and I consider myself pretty knowledgeable and aware. It's something that
happens to all of us at one time or another and I wonder if it isn't better
that classes and properties don't have the same 'value/name' no matter what
the casing is. Because making a typo with something like 'review/Review'
can definitely can ruin your (overall) markup.

Now if classes and properties never would share the same 'value/name' that
would resolve typo's messing with the overall schema and
canonicalisation/redirects and such could then resolve the rest.