Re: Why are classes and URIs case sensitivity?

I partly agree, but I think it would be better to specify more precisely that property identifiers start with a lower caps character and type identifiers start with uppercase.

Then it would be easy to write tools that warn you if a property or type ID is wrong.

By the way, I suspect that the actual tool chain in search engines that consumes respective markup is, to a certain degree, tolerant to capitalization issues.

Martin

On Dec 4, 2013, at 6:48 PM, Jarno van Driel wrote:

> Examples like Dan Scott gave (review/Review is another) is exactly what started up my discussion with Aaron Bradley. Even though it's not difficult to implement it is prone to typo's, which has happened to myself as well and I consider myself pretty knowledgeable and aware. It's something that happens to all of us at one time or another and I wonder if it isn't better that classes and properties don't have the same 'value/name' no matter what the casing is. Because making a typo with something like 'review/Review' can definitely can ruin your (overall) markup.
>
> Now if classes and properties never would share the same 'value/name' that would resolve typo's messing with the overall schema and canonicalisation/redirects and such could then resolve the rest.
>

> On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Dan Scott <dan@coffeecode.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net> wrote:
> > A question that I have had about this is whether there is any "policy" (to
> > the extent that schema.org has such things) about having a class and a
> > property with the same term, the only difference being the case of the first
> > letter. It strikes me that such a situation could be error prone.... but I
> > don't know if examples already exist in schema.
>
> It's a relatively common pattern; as a sample of what already exists:
>
> * action / Action
> * AggregateRating / aggregateRating
> * Audience / audience
>
> ... just to hit the "A/a" section.