Re: Proposal: Organization dissolutionDate

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 8:35 AM, James McKinney <james@opennorth.ca> wrote:

> Thad: I don't understand. I am proposing a term that should imply the
> dissolving of an organization, therefore dissolutionDate is appropriate.
>
> An organization can continue to exist despite being defunct. I am
> proposing a property that describes the date on which the organization
> ceases to exist - like deathDate for a Person.

defunct "means" no longer existing.  That is also the use in Freebase as
well.  We use the "Defunct Organization" Type in Freebase on any
Organization that has "died" or "no longer exists".
When an Organization is defuct it is not continuing to exist.  If you think
otherwise, please give an example of the "resurrection". :-)

> If we were to use a term with the word "end" in it, it would probably be
> "endDate", but that is already used by Event http://schema.org/Event To
> avoid confusion, I think a more distinct term should be used in this case.

However you wish to swing it.  Just giving you a further idea of making it
more generic.

--
-Thad
Thad on Freebase.com <http://www.freebase.com/view/en/thad_guidry>