Re: Text vs Markup Datatype

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 21:14:58 -0700
To: "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>wrote:

> As I know you know, if you expect markup to be preserved, you. Can do this
> in RDFa only with the rdf:XMLLiteral and rdf:HTML datatypes, anything else
> will cause markup to be stripped. In microdata, all markup is stripped, as
> you can't indicate a datatype. Neither RDFa, nor any other HTML syntax I'm
> aware of have any special treatment for schema:Text.

I guess that's my real point here.  I sure would like to use rdf:XMLLiteral
or rdf:HTML instead when I need to do so.

It is a crying shame that markup is stripped for things like descriptions
under all situations.  That will lead to people using escaped markup to get
what they want ... and I can't even imagine how that will actually work
well.

--
--Alex Milowski
considered."