Re: Tracing Hieritage

On 26 August 2013 21:26, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.com> wrote:

> I'm curious as to where specific classes or properties have come from.  I
> was looking at:
>
>    http://www.schema.org/NutritionInformation
>
> which is traceable to the 'nutrition' property of 'Recipe' and so the
> 'Recipe' class came from where?
>
> That is, I'm trying to understand those classes and properties there were
> adapted from other existing vocabularies versus those that are "newly"
> created.

Every type page for a type that was added via a collaboration should show
some acknowledgement of an external source. That includes the medical
vocabulary we added
http://blog.schema.org/2012/06/health-and-medical-vocabulary-for.html

For example, http://www.schema.org/Muscle says 'This class contains
information contributed by WikiDoc <http://wikidoc.org/>.'

This information is available in RDFa as part of the dump at
http://schema.org/docs/schema_org_rdfa.html ... but we've not yet added it
to the per-property pages.

If no external contribution is mentioned, then the vocabulary was part of
the original release in June 2011.

Hope this helps,

Dan