RE: Meaning of property "url"

In the WorldCat.org Linked Data, the intention is to use schema:url to associate a Linked Data identifier/description of something that is located "elsewhere" on the Web. So, for example, Roy Fielding's thesis is "located on the Web" (in the original "URL" sense) here:

http://www.ics.uci.edu/~fielding/pubs/dissertation/top.htm

Nevertheless, this "information resource" (to risk the wrath of httpRange-14 haters) can be identified and described elsewhere (in the Linked Data "URI" sense) by "dedicated observers of reality". For example:

http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/{oclcnum}

One of the assertions returned from the latter would then be:

<http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/{oclcnum}>
 a library:Thesis;
 schema:url <http://www.ics.uci.edu/~fielding/pubs/dissertation/top.htm> .

(It's a little annoying that I can find a WorldCat record for the print manifestation/item of one of my favorite "creative works", but not a record for the Web manifestation/item. That's why I've cheated in this example with {oclcnum} as an abstract variable rather than citing a specific oclcnum value. I'm sure examples are plenty of honest examples other than Fielding's thesis in the WorldCat.org dataset, but not after 10pm and not before an extended 5 day weekend. :-)

Jeff