Re: proposal to add factChecker and copyEditor to NewsArticle

Martin's proposal makes sense, and fits with our experience in SIOC where we also used Role and even Usergroup to classify moderators, admins, etc. rather than creating loads of new types or properties.

John
http://bresl.in

On 16 Oct 2012, at 23:40, "Ivan Herman" <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> Martin,
>
> I think I agree with you. Actually, for this application there are already vocabularies that define those roles, bound to some FRBR related works, it may better reusing those.
>
> Just my 2 cents
>
> Ivan
>
> ----
> Ivan Herman
> +31 641044153
>
> (Written on my mobile. Excuses for brevity and frequent misspellings...)
>

> On 16 Oct 2012, at 17:46, Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org> wrote:
>
>> Since the two proposed properties represent roles that a certain person has for a certain NewsArticle, I am in general inclined to not recommend individual properties for each role but rather use a generic property "typeOfContribution" or "role" and have that link a) the NewsArticle (or CreativeWork) with b) the Person via an intermediate node (e.g. http://schema.org/Role) with enumerations (internal or external) for popular roles.
>>
>> Otherwise we will end up with a mess of properties.
>>
>> But this of course really a tradeoff between conceptual beauty and cleanness on one hand and ease of markup on the other.
>>
>> Just my 2 cents from experience
>>
>> Martin
>>
>> On Oct 16, 2012, at 10:34 PM, John Bachir wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone have any thoughts on this?
>>>
>>> Is there another venue more appropriate for this sort of thing?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> John
>>>

>>> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 9:00 PM, John Bachir <john@ganxy.com> wrote:
>>> The typical roles in producing a journalistic work are: writer, editor, fact-checker, copy-editor.
>>>
>>> Thing > CreativeWork > Article > NewsArticle has these properties of type Person:
>>>
>>> accountablePerson
>>> author
>>> contributor
>>> copyrightHolder
>>> creator ("the same as the Author property for CreativeWork" -- I don't know what that means)
>>> editor