Re: On using qualified names for properties

On 10 May 2012 12:26, Егор Антонов <elderos@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> No, there must be only http://schema.org/Thing/name I think
> As an option, http://schema.org/CreativeWork/name can redirect to the parent
> type, which owns this property

I would call it http://schema.org/name, but yes, it's a single
property, not two properties.

> If we think in terms of multiple itemtypes on a single object, adding a type
> prefix is an organic way to avoid collisions and distinguish different types
> properties

The classic example is (addressbook contact) 'title' versus (document)
'title'. Schema.org simply has 'name' instead of (document)'title'.
Some contact schemas have 'honorificPrefix' for (contact)title. It's
usually possible to find an alternative word or phrase. This can be
annoying for vocabulary managers and sometimes the word is not
perfect, but it simplifies the data model.

cheers,

Dan