Please review historical-data.org schema.org extensions for geneaology/history

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 09:53:55 -0700
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Cc: rgardner@google.com
This has popped up in passing in discussions here, including
http://www.w3.org/2011/webschema/track/issues/16 ("ISO8601 doesn't
support imprecise dates, useful for cultural heritage, historical
data, geneaology").

The folk over at historical-info.org have got a lot of publishers of
historical (esp. family history) data excited about publishing
structured data.

Main link is http://historical-data.org/ with schemas at
http://historical-data.org/schemas.html (based  around classes
HistoricalRecord, Event, Family, Person).

There's a blog at http://historical-data-schema.blogspot.com/ and the
site and schema are managed over in Github,
https://github.com/historical-data/schema#readme where you can also
find some issue tracking and vocabulary discussion.

I've copied Robert Gardner from the team behind this. Robert - could
you say a bit about the status of the vocabulary - looking at
https://github.com/historical-data/schema/issues it has a few open
issues, and the blog mentions that more examples are on the way. Are
there particular areas you're looking for feedback? It's a really
strong candidate for inclusion in schema.org --- mainstream appeal,
lots of major publishers engaged, etc. We just need to work out which
issues stand between here and finalization...

cheers,

Dan