Re: Vocabulary Usage on Web Pages - Analysis Results

From: Hannes Mühleisen <muehleis@inf.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 11:17:46 +0200
Cc: public-vocabs@w3.org
To: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>
Hello Bernard,

On 02.07.2012, at 11:06, Bernard Vatant wrote:
> Interesting stuff.
Thanks!

> Among top namespaces I see http://rdf.data-vocabulary.org/
> I must admit I did not know it ... and looking at http://data-vocabulary.org/ it seems that it has not been updated since 2010, and it seems to me widely redundant with, or prefiguration of schema.org.
Yes, as I understand it this is a predecessor of schema.org. The root of the problem with is that schema.org did (does?) not publish a RDF version and documentation for RDFa usage of their schema. Therefore, there is some confusion about namespaces for RDFa annotations.

> @schema.org folks : Since http://data-vocabulary.org/ seems to belong to Google, would not it be a great idea to have a note on this vocabulary along the lines of ... this vocabulary is obsolete, use schema.org instead?

I would also propose them to add RDFa examples to their documentation for all classes...

Best,

Hannes