Vocabulary Usage on Web Pages - Analysis Results

From: Hannes Mühleisen <muehleis@inf.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 09:19:35 +0200
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Hello Vocabulary Enthusiasts,

we have recently completed a study on vocabulary usage on Web pages using the Microdata and RDFa encodings. We have analyzed both vocabulary as well as class and property usage frequencies and property co-occurence for two web crawls. These crawls contained 93 Million URLs with data using both encodings from 2012, and 14 Million URLs from 2009/2010. The results are available at http://webdatacommons.org/vocabulary-usage-analysis/index.html .

We hope our findings are useful in giving a small insight in what vocabularies (or parts thereof) are used to annotate entities within HTML pages.

Regards,

Hannes Mühleisen