Re: accessibility vocab

Hi Liddy,

Besides the standard "accessibility" patterns provided already at the level of HTML (like the alt attribute), you can use schema.org to publish additional meta-data for improved accessibility by simply attaching the name and description properties for text to the respective entity.

So simply mark up the image as a http://schema.org/ImageObject and attach a description using the description property and a caption using the caption property.

Martin

On Jun 30, 2012, at 1:14 AM, Liddy Nevile wrote:

> I cannot see discussion of terms for accessibility purposes - I mean characteristics of resources that are of concern especially to people with disabilities such as that this is an image but it is an image of text so I will not be able to see or read it without a transcript.
>
> If I am wrong, please point me to such a discussion.
>
> Liddy

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen