Schema.org Required Properties (Was "Re: Issue with rich snippets tools testing tool & businessEvent")

Hi Mark and  Jocelyn,

On 1/23/2012 6:34 PM, Jocelyn Fournier wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Le 23/01/12 09:01, Mark Keller a écrit :
>> Hello Jocelyn,
>>
>> (Looping in the group to our conversation)
>>
>> I definitely see what you are saying about it being a link to the page
>> with the structured markup.
>>
>> If you are going to markup the url for an itemtype of Event, you will
>> most likely need to include the name, url, and startDate at a minimum.
>
> Actually I was considering (perhaps wrongly) if a url property is
> used, whatever the itemtype, there shouldn't be any other markup since
> it should be described on the target page (as long as it's on the same
> domain). Otherwise it's just redundant informations; and in my case
> since I doesn't display the startDate, it would force me to use hidden
> properties. As for the name, I assume it should (could ?) extract it
> from the url anchor text ?
Indeed, according with the Schema.org documentation
<http://schema.org/docs/gs.html#schemaorg_expected> (see also my email
on Intended types
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2011Nov/0039.html>)

should be valid.

As a general rule I would say one should *annotate as much as possible*.

All the best,
Adrian Giurca