Re: Schema.org Required Properties (Was "Re: Issue with rich snippets tools testing tool & businessEvent")

Hey Everyone,

I definitely agree that the amount of hidden properties should be minimized
as best practice.

"

   - *More is better, except for hidden text.* In general, the more content
   you mark up, the better. However, as a general rule, you should mark up
   only the content that is visible to people who visit the web page and not
   content in hidden div's or other hidden page elements.

"
In hindsight of my own crawling and research, I can also see how the
requirements of this type of schema, could lead to better validation, in
this verified form of information.

Considering that I will probably run into this a lot myself with Events, I
would definitely like closure on the topic. I do not want to redesign my
entire layout, nor include hidden tags that are in general frowned upon.

The main goal of search, always should be in favor of the users first. I
believe they will do their best to align the syntax of Schema.org with the
most relevant, valid, and verified way of consuming structured data. From
there parsing, evaluating, and ultimately displaying it in a relevant
manner for the end users, is up to them.

Best Regards,

Mark Keller