Re: Proposal for a Demand item type

Hi all:

Note that you can directly model demand with GoodRelations, using the exact same patterns as for supply. This is done using the gr:seeks relations between a gr:BusinessEntity and a gr:Offering.

http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.org/Cookbook/Seeks

This allows explicating demand, e.g.

"I am looking for a car with no more than 10,000 miles" (in combination with http://purl.org/vso/ns)
"I am looking for a canoe for rent" (in combination with http://purl.org/vso/ns)
"I am looking for a ticket that grants admission to a certain event " (in combination with http://purl.org/tio/ns)
"I am looking for someone who can repair my broken XYZ watch (with an image showing the damage)".

You can also indicate the price interval, the time interval, etc.

Best

Martin

On Jan 7, 2012, at 8:46 PM, Christian Bäuerlein wrote:

> Thank you for your feedback. This is another interesting use case for the pairing of demand/offers.
>
> Usually I would have started with an extension of an existing type (using the extension mechanism) but I thought this one is so basic that we can discuss the need of it right away.
>
> As far as I could see this seems to be the right place for proposals like this, so I would be happy to hear some more opinions.
>

> Best,
>
> Christian
>> elf Pavlik	6. Januar 2012 15:45
>>
>> hi,
>>
>> interesting, lately i have started this community group to work on topic of wishes/offers, their matching, dependencies and various systems to arrange transactions (including ones not based around use of any kind of currency)
>> http://www.w3.org/community/community-io/2011/09/01/embracing-diversity/
>>
>> i guess demands/offers could come useful to use in there...
>>
>> thanks!
>>
>> ~ elf pavlik ~
>> Christian Bäuerlein	5. Januar 2012 23:11
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> I was wondering why there is no complement for the Offer item type.
>>
>> There are a lot of platforms out there that try to connect supplies and
>> demands of users (e.g. craigslist, or in my case: car pooling), but at
>> the moment you can only describe the offers using schema.org items.
>>
>> So I propose the introduction of an item that describes a "wanted"
>> thing, something a person looks for.
>> I created a first draft and would like to hear your feedback. Is there a
>> possibility to introduce this new type to schema.org?
>>
>> You can see my example here:
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1523969/microdata/Demand.html
>>
>> Please note that I didn't create any special sub-types, but reused
>> existing ones, as I want to hear your opinions first.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Christian

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group