Does order of itemscope and itemprop matter?

From: Mehershad Dahmubed <mehershad@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 03:43:39 -0800
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Hi,
Forgive me if this question sounds silly but there is a reason why I have to ask this.
I understand the syntax that is advertise is:

Due to the HamlPy library in current use on my system, even after my own fixes added, the library outputs:

due to the way ast.literal_eval evaluates the dictionary key/value pairs. I don't why it swaps the order but that's where it stands.

So I was curious if the order really mattered or where I stand right now is fine too?

Cheers,
Mehershad D