Re: attachments to CreativeWorks

On 24 February 2012 00:51, Daniel Dulitz <daniel@google.com> wrote:
> Does anyone object to changing the description to make it clear that it is
> not a synonym for "encodings"? That seems to be the suggestion from this
> thread anyway.

Nobody objected. Let's fix it.

Resolved, we strike "This property is a synonym for encodings" from
definition of associatedMedia in http://schema.org/CreativeWork since
associatedMedia is broader and encompasses the notion of related
attachments. The 'encodings' property associated representations of
'the thing itself'.

I think we can do this now, without saying exactly which cases fall
best under 'encodings' vs 'associatedMedia'; there's a huge effort in
library world to model this for books and it's fiddly -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Functional_Requirements_for_Bibliographic_Records
- whereas removing the 'synonym' clause is a nice quick fix.

Thanks Daniel,

Dan