Re: Schema.org property cardinality and use of plural (WAS Re: SoftwareApplication proposal for schema.org)

On 29 February 2012 09:37, Adrian Giurca <giurca@tu-cottbus.de> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
> I completely agree with your view. As I said before the only thing is what
> it will happen when some content creators will not do this.
> In addition, the same issue (indeed restricted to values following some
> patterns) comes with multiple values in @itemprop attribute.
>
> Let me summarize:
> Some people will do better markup as you suggest. By consequence  two
> triples will be created (corresponding to the two OS in the example).
> Some people will not do this but rather by mistake they will annotate as I
> suggested. In this case just one triple will be  created?

Yes; we should aim for the best, but not be suprised by the worst. In
general introducing lots of little microsyntaxes would make for a
mess. In practice, with a few properties it'll be hard to resist
sometimes just throwing in a comma-separated value list instead of
breaking things out into repeated markup elements.

Dan