Re: How to add license information to a CreativeWork? / How to mark obscured informations?

Hi Chuck,

On 25 February 2012 02:13, Chuck <chuck42@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I want to use schema.org for my new Website and I have few questions:
>
> (1) I miss a `license' attribute for http://schema.org/CreativeWork .
> How can I add information about the license to a creative work object on
> my web site.

To follow on from others' replies, ... yes, this is an area that
schema.org does not address, or plan to. This came up previously, see
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/schemaorg-discussion/guha$20plans/schemaorg-discussion/ON9nhXNYRdU/9aRp6JBmWzQJ

-> "There is no plan to address this class of vocabulary terms in the
core schema.org vocabulary. This might be a good use case for
schema.org's 3rd party extensibility model, which allows external
vocabularies to be included, even if they're not understood by
implementations of the core."

> (2) Is it true, that I always should use CC Rel[1] for adding license informations, when the creative work is under a CC-license?

That may be an option. I'll let CC-rel experts advise you there...

> (3) On my contact page I have obscured my email address with some JavaScript code to protect it from being crawled by spam bots. How can I
> use schema.org to mark this code as "hello web crawler, here is my email address, but you may not read it"? Is something like the following code correct?

AFAIK the only widely used way of communicating wishes to Web crawlers
is the relatively simple robots.txt mechanism; schema.org is not
intended to augment, improve or replace that facility. The granularity
of http://www.robotstxt.org/ is at a higher (page / directory) level
than the example you give, though.

We also don't currently have a way in schema.org of indicating 'this
is a bitmap picture of my email address' (your my_email.png); people
would soon enough integrate OCR tools anyway. Or 'this is a javascript
program that prints my email' (for same reason).

In general the best way to keep information secret is to avoid making
it public; this tends to remain the case even as technologies
evolve...

Hope that helps even if it doesn't sound so helpful!

cheers,

Dan