RE: EXTERNAL: Re: Proposal for an additional term: mediaType

From: Suliman, Suraiya H <suraiya.h.suliman@lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 17:26:48 +0000
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, Public Vocabs <public-vocabs@w3.org>, Greg Grossmeier <greg@creativecommons.org>
Cc: Thomas Baker <tom@tombaker.org>, Stuart Sutton <sasutton@dublincore.net>

My understanding is that MediaType means the physical means of conveying the resource. For example, MediaType of "Calculator" would mean that the  resource is installed on a calculator, MediaType of "Duplication Master" would mean resource is the master copy etc. this is different from the Internet Media Type which seems to mean the encoding format.