Re: two new issues: schema.org booleans; xsd Time and DateTime

From: Daniel Dulitz <daniel@google.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 13:25:29 -0700
To: "Evain, Jean-Pierre" <evain@ebu.ch>
Cc: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
Yes, it's great to have these issues opened. Not sure if I should comment
here or on the individual threads... I guess I'll start here.

 1. http://www.w3.org/2011/webschema/track/issues/14  "Schema.org
> booleans (True/False) vs RDF 'true/false'"

This is the third time this question has come up: Martin raised a related
issue in Aligning GoodRelations and
3"). And in the Activity/Action
ask whether
schema.org should host generic instances of selected action types.

Have the schema.org sponsors already designed a general solution for this?
If not, would it make sense to:
  1. Retire any instances masquerading as types (such as schema.org/Trueand
  2. Define a few generic instances like
http://instance.schema.org/ItemAvailability/inStock, and (if the
Activity/Action proposal is accepted)
http://instance.schema.org/Action/review, and
  3. Specify that when a property of type http://schema.org/Foo has text
value bar, it is shorthand for the value http://instance.schema.org/Foo/bar

It may make sense to handle these internal enumerated values in a way
similar to/compatible with ExternalEnumerations.

 2. http://www.w3.org/2011/webschema/track/issues/15 "Add Time for
> xsd:time, DateTime for xsd:datetime"
> Daniel, could you take a look at (2.) in case it impacts on the
> actions/activities model?

Since issue 15 just defines datatypes, I think it's orthogonal to the
model. Proposal looks good to me.