Re: RDFa 1.1 Lite

There's a lot to like here.  However, the two biggest issues raised in the
discussion at the workshop seem unaddressed / unacknowledged to me by this
document:

1/ Why both property and rel?  There was concern expressed that implementers
wouldn't understand the difference (honestly, I'm not sure I do) and it
wasn't made clear why having both is necessary. If the distinction is
literal value vs. url, why not use value precedence (like itemprop in
microdata)?

2/ Layer-ability on existing markup.  That's probably too abstract a
label... basically, implementers have found the itemref feature of microdata
to be useful in layering vocabulary on top of existing pages.  For example,
if the name of a product is in one part of the DOM tree, but it's properties
are in an entirely different one, how do you combine them?  I assume this
can be done with about=, but it's not clear to me from this document exactly
how.  If both the about URI and the markup with the about attribute have
RDFa in them, how are those properties and types combined?

-jason