Re: RDFa 1.1 Lite

Manu,

thanks a lot. This makes it clearer. Actually... much clearer.

The question is: is there a need, in your view and based on the discussions: to 'formally' define RDFa 1.1 Lite as some sort of a 'profile' (oops, I used this ugly term again:-) of RDF 1.1? To formally define some sort of a conformance criteria for processors? With all my love to your blog page:-), it would be good to have that documented somewhere, probably on the W3C site...

Also: does RDFa 1.1 Lite include the initial context? Ie, the default prefixes and terms?

Ivan

On Oct 21, 2011, at 15:55 , Manu Sporny wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> During the schema.org workshop, a proposal was put forth by RDFa’s
> resident hero, Ben Adida, for a stripped down version of RDFa 1.1,
> called RDFa 1.1 Lite. The RDFa syntax is often criticized as having too
> much functionality, leaving first-time authors confused about the more
> advanced features. This lighter version of RDFa will help authors easily
> jump into the Linked Data world. The goal was to create a very minimal
> subset that will work for 80% of the folks out there doing simple markup
> for things like search engines.

> following attributes: vocab, typeof, property, rel, about and prefix.
>
> http://manu.sporny.org/2011/rdfa-lite/
>
> -- manu

> Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
> blog: Standardizing Payment Links - Why Online Tipping has Failed
> http://manu.sporny.org/2011/payment-links/

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153