Re: draft JobPosting addition for Schema.org

I was just working on marking up job postings with schema.org microdata, so this is well-timed good news (as you can imagine, the workarounds using existing types and properties aren't exactly pretty:).

Thoughts re properties:

dateClosing
Suggesting this or a similar field for the date a job closes (i.e. the last date that applications are accepted).  This is not uncommon to see in a job posting, and is fairly ubiquitous for jobs posted by government and academic institutions.

hiringOrganization -> employer?
Often the organization doing the hiring is not the same as the employer - though typically only the recruiter or the actual company is listed on a posting.  However, I do see something like "employer" (employingOrganization? .. dunno) being useful as this could either be an organization or an individual, and so could have the expected types Person or Organization (and would account for single employers not affiliated with an organizational entity).

occupationalCategory
O*NET seems fairly robust, but is the suggestion here that it be a category specifically described in the taxonomy?  I think some latitude is needed here (although the title property does account for basically free-form job titles, even if they don't fall neatly under O*NET described occupational categories).

veteranCommitment
I don't understand this - does this mean the job is open to veterans?  Preferential treatment for veterans?  It seems a bit quixotic to me - might there be a property that expressed special commitments as a text type to make it more extensible?