Suggestions for extra fields on Job Posting

From: Russell Smith <russell.smith@workingin.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:10:14 +1300
To: "public-vocabs@w3.org Vocabularies" <public-vocabs@w3.org>

It was great to see the new Job Posting schema released recently and I'm now working to get this deployed on several job related websites that I manage.

I have noticed a couple of properties that our websites use have not been included & while I understand Schema.org is not meant to be exhaustive list these are very common properties used across the industry in Europe and here in New Zealand and Australia. I know others would like to see included too. (See comments here: http://blog.schema.org/2011/11/schemaorg-support-for-job-postings.html?showComment=1320832569226#c3183089836097067888)

My first question is: What is the process for suggesting new properties - is it just posting to this group or is there a review board etc? Is there a preferred format for requests etc?

Assuming this is at least a good place to get some feedback I'll plow on, here are the three properties I'd like to see added:

>> Max Salary
- Salary's in job adverts are often given with a range eg. "$50,000 to $75,000", I'm using baseSalary for the bottom of the range but there is no official format for the max value or to specify a range.

>> Closing date
- Jobs are often advertised with a closing date for applications, there is no property for this in the published Schema.

>> Reference
- Jobs are often advertised with a reference code of some description, usually tied back to the recruiters or employers HR system, it would be useful to include this.

>> Max Salary

>> Closing Date

>> Reference / ID
http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=2091376 (Job ID)

In testing my markup I've been using the following code to represent these three properties

Apply before: <time itemprop="dateClosing" datetime="2011-12-31" />Sat 31 Dec</time>
Reference: <span itemprop="reference">SR001</span>

Would appreciate any feedback, guidance etc. that the group can offer.

Many thanks / Russell

Russell James Smith / Web Manager Working In

E: russell.smith@workingin.com
D: +64 9 305 2314