RE: draft JobPosting addition for Schema.org

----------------------

This relation (Person, JobRole, Employer) is another example of the microdata representation problem I raised in my post of 27 October 2011 regarding Distance. Because the current microdata specification allows only binary relations, one is forced to define a relatively meaningless class to link the three values together. The consequence is that the vocabulary becomes polluted with these relatively meaningless class names.

One way to deal with this is to adopt a convention to reuse @itemscope with a special set of @itemtype values, e.g. "http://schema.org/StructuredValues/3-aryRelation". In effect, this would define structured value classes for each arity relation with the @itemprop names serving as labels for the 2nd thru nth components of the relation. The @itemprop name of the property linking the enclosing item to the rest of the relation would serve as the label for the first component of the relation.

For example:

<? Itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Person">
  <?? Itemprop="employee" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/3-aryRelation">
    <??? Itemprop="jobTitle">